Still in progress
Chemistry Course Requirements
Rules and Regulations
- Be respectful.
- Don’t talk while I’m talking.
- Be in your seat and prepared to work when the bell rings.
- Stay in your seat until dismissed.
- No food, drinks, gum or “toys” in class.
Materials Required on a Daily Basis
- Pens – blue or black ink only.
- An 8 ½ x 11 inch binder with lined paper.
- A scientific calculator.
Class Work (= 34% of grade)
- All work must be turned in on time — late work will not be accepted.
- If you have an excused absence you are allowed one day of make-up time
for each day missed to receive credit. Work missed for an unexcused absence
can’t be made up.
- Major projects must be turned in by the final due date, whether you are
present or not.
- It is your responsibility to get make-up work for days you miss. You should
get the phone number of at least 3 other students in class so you can keep
up to date if you miss school.
Test/Quizzes (= 33% of grade)
- If absent on test/quiz day, as soon as you return to class you need to
make an appointment with me for a test/quiz make-up time, which will usually
be at lunch or after school (or during tutorial).
Laboratories (= 33% of grade)
- If absent on a lab day, make arrangements as soon as possible upon your
return to make it up.
- Labs can be potentially dangerous. You must follow all safety rules at
all times. Failure to do so will result in a two day class suspension and
a 0 on the lab.
Chemistry is a college prep class and will be taught and graded as such. If
you need extra assistance please talk to me — don’t wait until the
day before the test as it may be too late! I want you all to succeed and can
schedule time to give you extra help at lunch and/or after school as needed.
I will also post Internet Links and other tutorials on my website: www.mrpatterson.org
Feel free to investigate the site and learn even more chemistry!